Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Irish Cycling Safaris-Anyone familiar with this company?

Jan 5th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Planning a guided bike tour this Spring or Summer. Anyone familiar with this company?
They have good itineraries and prices for trips in Czech Republic, Austria, Sardinia, Sicily but having trouble finding any reviews/opinions regarding them.
Jan 30th, 2005, 03:24 AM

I did a bike tour of County Galway (and a bit of County Mayo) about 5 years ago now. It was a fabulous experience. They are well run and it was a good value. At the time they were planning on expanding, I don't know what the other tours are like but mine was a lot of fun.
Jan 30th, 2005, 02:29 PM

I met someone this summer who had been on 3 of their trips (2 outside of Ireland) amd she highly recommended them. I've got their brochure and am thinking aobut them on her recommendation.
Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM

Wonderful company. I've done two trips in Ireland with them (back to back) and one trip to Slovenia. I would highly recommend them. I'm doing the Sardinia trip in September of 2005.
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:37 PM

If you are interested in seeing photos of some of the trips, go to this site:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mm.mor....net/my_photos
Click on the 2002 Galway Album, or on the 2004 Slovenia Album. The best way to view the albums is to click on "View Slideshow." The 2004 Croatia Album is a bike trip with a different company, although Irish Cycling Safaris is offering a trip to Croatia this year as well. Here is a website for the Sardinia trip by ICS (Irish Cycling Safaris):
http://users.pandora.be/warped/sardinia_2003.htm
I'm signed up for the Sardinia trip in September of this year. I have been on many bike trips and have found ICS to be one of the best companies both in terms of routes, companions, friendliness and price. MUCH cheaper than American companies and a wonderful mix of nationalities -- Irish, Scottish, Canadian, English and American with a few other European nations thrown in as well at times.

Enjoy!

Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:11 AM

hey Michelle, great pics!

Is John still an incorrigible flirt?

your pics look a lot like mine, apart from a few where I had nice days, and you had clouds/rain and vice versa. the morning we cycled past Croaigh Patrick was stunning - serene blue skies.