Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ireland, Scotland, London, Wales Anyone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm leading a 17 day tour to Ireland, Scotland, London and Wales. If anyone is interested in joining me, send me an email and I will give you all the info.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM

Do you do this as a business?
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM

Is it a pick up line?

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

I do not do this as a business. I am a teacher who loves to travel. My passion for travel was brought out by a teacher I had in high school who took students on trips all over the world. I wanted to share my passion with my students and do for them what my teacher had done for me. So, a few years ago, I started taking students on educational tours. Teachers and parents who heard about how much fun the students had on tour started asking me to lead tours for adults as well. So, I did! It's been a great experience and I'd love to extend the opportunity for a great, fun, travel experience to other adults interested in seeing the world.

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 07:14 PM

I didn't respond when you first posted because I assumed you were pushing a commercial venture. But your new info makes me very sad. Not being rude - but it seems you are "force marching" kids through 4 countries in 17 days. How much can they really learn if they are racing around like that. Plus all the extra travel north, south and across the Irish Sea only makes the trip more expensive for your kids. If you concentrated on one or 2 countries you could save them $ and they would see a lot more . . . . .
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

I'm not taking kids on this trip. I'm taking ADULTS and this is the trip they choose to take. I am just the coordinator for them. If you don't like it, don't go but I don't think you need to be writing such negative things about something when you don't know what you are talking about. It's a great trip. I have done it once before and everyone had a fantastic time.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 06:36 AM

I'm from the group that wouldn't travel at that rate of speed. We are apparently known as "stodgy" Fodorites because we like to slow down and absorb the country. We've been accused of spending 3 months in London. Oh, but I go on....

Anyway, some people love high speed travel. The "If it's Tueday it must be ...." crowd. To them I say have fun. Mine is only an opinion. I'm trying to see Wales and SW England (and a little time at a few old favaorites at the end) in May and have 19 days and wishing I had more. To each his own I say.

I hope you find some takers for your trip. Snoopy/TooFarGone would probably love to join you.

Bill