IRELAND OR GREECE IN MARCH?

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IRELAND OR GREECE IN MARCH?

I just can't decide, should I visit Ireland or Greece in March of '04?

Help.....

Thanks,
Jill
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 11:57 AM
brotherleelove2003

The weather will be better in Greece, although in March it will be cold. At least the sun will be shining and it won't be pouring down rain all the time.

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:01 PM

Hmmm...will you be bummed if you see beaches and can't go in the water or hang out in a bathing suit because it's too cold? If Greece is your choice because of the islands, then you may be disappointed. Also many of the islands are pretty much a loss until Easter. I went the week before this year, (end of April) until May, and it was fantastic. I heard this past March was the worst weather Greece had in a long time (a fellow backpacker went in search of sun and was horrified when it actually seemed to SNOW in Crete), so I wouldn't let weather be the deciding factor.

Personally, I'd pick Ireland. At least you will expect yucky weather. And sitting in a pub in the rain is just as good as when it's nice out. Ireland is still one of my favorite countries, in terms of the people I met.

But it's a tough choice...do you have any particular interests in doing while on vacation? That may help you decide.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:34 PM

Greece may have better weather. Ireland will have better pubs.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

My cousin wants Ireland, and I want Greece. I'm trying to pursuade her towards Greece. I love the water. The sites would be great too. Ireland seems too spread out to me. Can you get around by train, or do you need to rent a car? I do realize Greece doesn't have trains. March is a tough time for weather, but I believe in Ireland we will encounter lots of rain.
What time of year is best to travel to Ireland?
Thanks,
Jill