Reload this Page >

Ireland or France from London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 08:47 AM
Elizabeth

Going to London in June. I have been there before, but am visiting a friend and then traveling on after my visit. Should I venture to Ireland or France from London. I have 7, maybe 10 days. I am traveling with my boyfriend and want to have a fun and romantic trip. Help!

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 10:36 AM
beentoboth

If you've never been to Paris, I say go to France! <BR> <BR>Ireland, although it is in some ways very different from England, will be more like England than France will. This can be either good or bad, but IMO one of the best things about traveling in Europe is experiencing a variety of cultures/climates/cuisines/etc. Paris could easily take up 10 days, and is très romantic. Alternatively, you could spend a few days in Paris and a few elsewhere in France. I have only been to Paris and Chartres, which I also highly recommend. <BR> <BR>Bon voyage!

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 11:15 AM
kristi

I haven't been to Ireland so I may not be the best one to give advice but I would also vote for Paris. We just did a 10 day trip to London and Paris, with a couple of days driving in the Loire Valley and it was wonderful. Paris can be a very romantic city and there are tons of things to do and see there. <BR> <BR>If you take the Eurostar train from London to Paris, it is a short 3 hour trip. We did it by overnight bus which I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 11:52 AM
elvira

This is a tough one. France/Paris is always my recommendation, but having spent two weeks in northern Ireland, I'd have to give that a recommendation, too. Very untouristed, extraordinary scenery, great food, wonderful people - and not expensive. Easy accessibility from Britain (plane or ferry); you'll need to rent a car to see the countryside (no trains, although there is bus service).

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 07:12 PM
Ellen

I'd vote for Ireland. It is a nice combination with a trip to Britain - similar but different enough to be enjoyable. France deserves a trip of its own!

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 07:39 PM
sabrina

For fun AND romance, I'd say go to Paris. You can take a short trip to London from Paris. I've never been to Ireland so I can't vouch for it but you can't go wrong with Paris or London.