My husband and I are planning a 11-12 day trip (including travel) to Ireland from east coast Canada. We had discussed going at the end of August, but noticed that flights are significantly cheaper for end of Sept.-beginning of October. Would love any feedback as to best time to visit.
We were hoping to spend 2 nights in Dublin, and then rent a car to do some exploring. We have a strong Irish culture in our home province and are most interested in history/cultural experiences rather than scenery. Our budget would probably be in the "moderate" range. Here is a very loose itinerary that I have looked at. I would love any suggestions/feedback. Thanks in advance!
2 nights Dublin (1st day our flight will arrive in morning)
2 nights wexford area (Family ancestry linked to area, acquaintance in Tramore we may visit)
2 night Cork
1 night Dingle
1 night Limerick? Bunratty?
2 nights Galway
1 night Dublin
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT HP PRINTER Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 13 Scotland ideas
- 14 land vs river cruise
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Trans Siberian Train
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 South of France
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 25 My France Vacation