My friend and I are planning a trip to Ireland for three weeks in July next year and I would really appreciate some feedback as to whether this itinerary is realistic and if we are seeing the best of Ireland by going to these places. We are too young to hire a car so will have to rely on bus services and trains. We are really trying to do the trip quite cheaply as are students and cannot afford expensive accommodation! We are also trying to have as much of an authentically Irish trip as possible and it is for this reason that we are not going around the Ring of Kerry, as is apparently very crowded with tourists at that time of year. We are not big on clubbing or nightlife, and would much rather see historical sites and scenery. Any suggestions or ideas are most welcome!!
Day 1 – Arrive in Dublin and spend three nights there
Day 4 – train to Kildare and then onto Kilkenny, where we will stay two nights
Day 6 – Travel to Cork and stay there for two nights – Also a day trip to Blarney Castle
Day 8 – Travel to Glengarriff. Stay one night
Day 9 – Depart Glengarriff by bike and go to Ardgroom/Allihies (stay 1 night)
Day 10 – Bike back to Glengarriff and stay one night
Day 11 – travel to Dingle stay three nights
Day 14 – travel to Limerick and stay two nights. While here, we would like to do a day trip to the Burren (Is this realistic?)
Day 16 – go to the Cliffs of Moher and then on to Galway – by looking at bus schedules, I think we would have four hours at the Cliffs. Is this enough time?? Stay Galway two nights
Day 18 – Travel Galway to Dublin (stay one night)
Day 19 – Travel to Belfast. We were hoping to go to Bru na Boinne on the way, but it says we would have to take a taxi from Bru na boinne to Drogheda, and then train from Drogheda to Belfast. I was wanting to know if taxi’s would do this trip, or whether they are more in the cities? Stay two nights Belfast.
Day 20 – we were hoping to be able to go to the Giant’s Causeway and the Carrick-a-rede bridge in one day. Again, is this realistic?? Would we be able to get a taxi from the Causeway to the Bridge?
Day 21 – fly out to Glasgow
Thank you very much in advance for your feedback!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG 1800:681:7208 installations contact Tec*h supp0rt ak47baba!
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Which Area in London?
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 10 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 11 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 16 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 21 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 22 Transportation in Brittany
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!