Ireland in November

Old Aug 19th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ireland in November

We are considering a trip to Ireland--Dublin and Killarney-during the last week of October or November.

How is the weather during this period for touring via train. If the weather is not good what is the latest that you would travel.

We have been to Germany and France during March and April and we found the weather
fine for traveling.

Markh
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mark, the weather in Ireland is NEVER predictable. Go and enjoy the people and the craic.

According to weather.com the heaviest rainfalls are in December, August, October, and January in that order. Remember that Irish rainfall is great for the skin!
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 05:04 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My husband and I are planning a trip over Thanksgiving November 21-28th... The only bad thing that I have found about that time of year is the short days.. you only get about 7-8 hours of day light.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 08:33 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rachel will have a teensy bit more daylight than that.

In early Nov. sunrise/sunset are 07:15 AM / 5-ish PM
In late Nov. sunrise/sunset are 08:00 AM / 4:15-ish PM

Days get shorter each day, so over just a week at the end of Nov one loses about 20 minutes of daylight

"We have been to Germany and France during March and April and we found the weather fine for traveling."

You were lucky - weather in Germany and France can be lovely or horrid (or anything in between) those months. I've been in Paris in March/April when it was shirtsleeve weather -- and when it was sleeting and FREEZING.

"How is the weather during this period for touring via train. If the weather is not good what is the latest that you would travel."

No telling - will likely be wet - but maybe not. However, you really can't "tour" by train. You can certainly get from some places to others by rail. But to tour/see sites you'll need a car or local buses.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exactly as everyone has commented already, Ireland is four seasons in one day and not to over do the quote, but it is green here for an unfortunate reason!

Having said that over the past years a trend has begun to occur were our summers are getting wetter and more humid and our autumn to early winter is becoming drier. October, November tend to be drier and milder then December/January.

But we are at the mercy of the Atlantic weather systems which makes things less predictable.