I'm planning a trip to Ireland with a week tour and a week on my own seeing some sights, and was hoping for some advice. First, I'm trying to decide between a tour out of Dunfanaghy, exploring the Donegal area, or in Kerry, staying in Killarney, Waterville, and Glenbeigh. Any advice or comments on the areas?
Second, I plan to use public transit and day tours for the second week, either out of Dublin or a split between Dublin and either Cork or somewhere else to the south. What do people think about Cork? Is it a nice place for a home base for a few days? If so, can anyone recommend an area and/or place to stay in Cork that would be walking distance from bus drop offs for day tours and public transportation, or is there another town you recommend that would be easy to access without a car?
Thanks so much for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France
- 2 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 6 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 9 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 10 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 My France Vacation
- 13 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 14 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 15 land vs river cruise
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 19 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 20 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 23 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 24 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 25 Poland--where else to go