Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Ireland - 6 days itinerary on the Wicklow Way
Notices

Ireland - 6 days itinerary on the Wicklow Way

Aug 19th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Ireland - 6 days itinerary on the Wicklow Way

Hello,

My Friend and I planned a 6 days itinerary hiking the Wicklow Way south to north, I would love to get feedback on my plan:

day 1 - train from Dublin to Rathdrum Station, Wicklow Way bus to Iron bridge, walk from Iron bridge to Glenmalure, overnight in Wilderness Lodge Glenmalure.

day 2 - walk from Glenmalure to Glendalough, overnight in Glendalough International Youth.

day 3 - Spend a day in Glendalough area, another night in Glendalough International Youth.

day 4 -Walk from Glendalough to Roundwood, overnight in The Coach House Roundwood

day 5 -Walk from Roundwood to Enniskerry, overnight in Coolakay House Enniskerry.

day 6 -

option a: Walk from Enniskerry to Marlay Park, overnight in Dublin city.

option b: spend a day in Enniskerry (see Powerscourt gardens), take an evening bus to Dublin, overnight in Dublin city.

What do you think? Is this itenerary doable? have you got any suggestions to improve my plan?

thanks a lot!!
Aug 19th, 2015, 08:01 AM

I've not hiked much long term like that, but it sound doable to me. You picked a lovely part of the country! What time of the year is this planned for? That could change things. If it's in the winter, you'll have short days and inclement weather to deal with.

Powerscourt is beautiful, if you love formal gardens. It's got lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

Search this Thread