Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Ira...I decided to do a search on your name and started to read your.... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/ira-i-decided-to-do-a-search-on-your-name-and-started-to-read-your-469098/)

PLMN Aug 22nd, 2004 03:59 PM

Ira...I decided to do a search on your name and started to read your....

trip report. I only got part way through and was cracking up. (When I got to the Notes for Fashionista section.)

I just wanted to let you know I have really appreciated your help. It is very pleasant to read your replies, suggestions.

I was about to say why can't everyone on all boards be so nice? But then I thought how boring that might be.

Others have been very nice also. I THINK bobthe navigator is finally cutting me some slack :)

Marianna Aug 22nd, 2004 04:13 PM

Ira is truly wonderful and it seems as if he is always there to answer a question with patience and knowledge. I also appreciate his sense of humor. I think he once said something about some Fodorites are experts at packing light - they are able to go to Europe for 2 weeks with all their clothes packed into one Ziploc baggie! Thanks, Ira!

Scarlett Aug 22nd, 2004 04:14 PM

I agree, ira is a hoot :D

i_am_kane Aug 22nd, 2004 04:27 PM

The ladies like you Ira.

travginny Aug 22nd, 2004 04:40 PM

I always read Ira's responses. They are unfailingly pertinent, usually short and often funny. He's one of my favorite posters on this board. Hats off to you, Ira.
Ginny

annieladd Aug 22nd, 2004 04:51 PM

I love it, a tribute to Ira! My husband often listens to me talk about what Ira says about our upcoming trip to France, he says we need to bring him with us!

Jocelyn_P Aug 22nd, 2004 04:52 PM

My oh my, ira, you have quite a fan club! ;;)

You can include me, too.

Jocelyn_P Aug 22nd, 2004 05:05 PM

Oh, but only because you can make salad with pears and grilled wahoo. :D

CarlosSandoval Aug 22nd, 2004 05:05 PM

Yes, Ira rocks!!

tpatricco Aug 22nd, 2004 05:27 PM

Fabulous trip advisor, wonderful cook, and more! Your contributions here are much appreciated! Thanks for always taking the time to help us all and make us smile in the process!

Count me among the fans too. :)

Croque_Madame Aug 22nd, 2004 05:33 PM

AND this year he took his 87 year old mother to Paris!!

They say you can tell the way a man will treat his wife by the way he treats his mother. Note that Ira always refers to his spouse as "Lady Wife".

A gentleman in every sense of the word.

crzyjodi Aug 22nd, 2004 07:23 PM

topping so Ira can see his fans

mebanese Aug 22nd, 2004 08:07 PM

I think Ira is the Ira from the book "Ira Sleeps Over" - just grown up.

JanePost Aug 22nd, 2004 08:48 PM

You got my vote too, Ira.

Janeyre Aug 22nd, 2004 10:20 PM

I posted my Italy trip report here in July. It was my first major posting, and I was a little nervous. Well, when Ira and bobthenavigator responded with positive feedback, I jumped up from my desk and yelped with joy. I felt like I had just been knighted as an official Fodorite. Thanks, Ira.

degas Aug 23rd, 2004 03:13 AM

The world sure needs more good folks like ira. We are lucky to have him post here.

SuzieC Aug 23rd, 2004 04:56 AM

I agree. D'accord!! I would LOVE to mean an Ira!

(sorry, trying to brush up ... )

ira Aug 23rd, 2004 05:12 AM

You are all much too kind.

You've got me X(

Budman Aug 23rd, 2004 05:46 AM

ira, you da man!! ((b))

ggnga Aug 23rd, 2004 06:23 AM

Me too. Ira est si gentil.

gg