Just wanted to warn people about a scam to steal your cell phone. I was very prepared for this trip to Paris; I had spare money and 1 debit card in my front pocket closed with safety pins, I have a really safe purse with multiple inside zippers, etc. However I didn't really consider my phone would be stolen so I wanted to give a warning. My daughter and I were on the second level of a Starbucks in Paris. We both had our iPhones out looking at our Google maps. Everyone else also had out their phones, laptops, etc as there is free wifi. Two men came running up the stairs, shoved papers in our faces and were yelling at us in french. We assumed they were begging and we kept saying "no" repeatedly but they wouldn't leave and they blocked us in. We now know this was just a distraction so they could reach under the paper and steal our phone. I also now realize we should've stayed on the first floor where the Starbucks employees are. There were no employees on the 2nd level.
Just wanted to warn you to keep your phone in your hands or purse at all times. We had our phones on the table and they startled us by running up to us and shouting at us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 Avignon
- 3 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 4 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 5 8 months around Europe
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Favorite London memories
- 8 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 9 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 10 Ronda or Jerez
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 two days in rome
- 14 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 15 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 16 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 23 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!