Interval Timeshares-swap info?

May 27th, 2002, 12:53 PM
swapper

Interval Timeshares-swap info?

Saw the topic about RCI Timeshares. I have a timeshare with Interval International. We have never used it to go abroad and now are in a position to do so. Is there any Interval owners here and can you give me the scoop on the different European properties if you've been there? Thank.s

May 27th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Carole

Hi, I was also with Interval International and we swapped a few years ago for a property called Leon's Golf and Country Club on the outskirts of Paris. It was quite close to Disneyland. The accommodations were small but clean, restaurant was average. The location was wonderful. We had a car and would drive to Disneyland, park our car in the garage and take the commuter train down to the subway (forget if it's the Metro or Tube or whatever). The small town, Crecy la Chapelle, was wonderful with nice shops and wonderful restaurants and patisseries (sp?). The week we were there we did various daily trips and the timeshare was a good base. If you need further information, I could check my notes. Happy Traveling!

May 28th, 2002, 04:02 AM
mels

My daughter bought a Timeshare in Orlando FL with Interval a few years ago. I can only tell you that the whole family was able to use it last year in Las Palmas. We were 6 of us plus 2 babies. Needless to say - it was fantastic. 5* extra lux! Looking forward to using it again this year. They even booked our plane tickets for us. Unfortunately my other daughter had a negative experience in Antigua this year. They told her the resort would be 5* but when she arrived it was only 3*, but also very depressing and run down, old furniture and rust all over the place! She was able to stay with friends in Barbados and luckily she was reimbursed 100%.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:28 AM
swapper

Anyone else have any experience with Interval timeshares in Europe?

Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:15 AM
Mike

Stayed in a Golf Resort a short distance from Hanover Germany. Great accomdations but I see it is not listed in the II book. Also in a Ski resort outside of Salzburg. Another great place. I am at work and I will check my book if you want more information and the ski lodge.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Paula

We stayed at the Marriott Marbella Beach Resort in Spain and it was fantanstic. Huge, well equipped, 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, washer/dryer, right on the beach, fabulous pool, and the staff were unbelievably helpful.
We also stayed at the Grand Vacation Club in Mougins which wasn't as nice, but was still very acceptable and was a great location--about 12 miles from Canne. I've been told that the Cap d'Ail property is very nice. I'd be very interested in knowing about the Italian properties and other Spanish ones. If you want more details about the ones we stayed at, feel free to e-mail me.