Internet Cafes in Russian countryside

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be going on the Volga River cruise in about 10 days and we want to know of Internet Cafes along the way. Besides Moscow and St. Petersburg, we will be stopping in the towns of Uglich, Yaroslavl, Goritsy, Island of Kizhi, and Mondraga. Does anyone know of any or where we could find where they are?
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Many smaller cities in Russia have sort-of arcades where kids play Internet games (as opposed to the typical Internet cafes). Yaroslavl will definately have this, Uglich probably, and not sure about the other towns/Kizhi (when I was on Kizhi a few years ago it was difficult to find a phone). You can ask your cruise ship about this, as they can often direct you to an "unofficial" Internet access location (often their local tour companies). At least two years ago, no river cruise ship had Internet access for passengers (and, at least officially, none had it this season as I inquired for some clients).
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 11:10 AM

I have never really noticed any internet cafes in the small towns. As previous poster says you will find one in Yaroslavl, I saw a sign for one at the river port. If their is one in the town you will find a hudred other people wanting to use it. You'll end up with a choice of going touring or waiting/lookinf for internet.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 10:54 AM

The Post Office in Mondrogi has Internet access for a charge -- it's slow, but it works!

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Sarah
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 01:15 AM
PAC

I used the internet cafe in Yaroslavl - no problem. 10 roubles for 10 minutes - no queues, just had to ask someone to help me get in as screen is all in Russian. The cafe is near the centre of town usually in the same street at the excursion bus parks, near the fountains. Enjoy your trip - I returned on Sept 6 and had a wonderful time.