international phone cards

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 06:15 PM
Bob

international phone cards

There was a thread here a few months ago about prepaid phone cards for international use. Somehow I can't find it back. Does anyone have any good advice. I'm looking for a reasonably priced card for calling back to the US from Europe. Thanks.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Betsy

Have done a good bit of research on this subject, and find that Costco has the best rates, by far. If there's no Costco in your area, try Sam's Club.

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Angela

I agree with getting a phonecard from Sam's just make sure you get the At&t access number. Some international hotels do not have this service and the Sam's card only uses AT&T.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:00 AM
Russell Wayne

Go to www.nobelcom.com. They have an excellent selection of well-priced cards. I bought two last month, paid about 10 cents a minutes from France and Switzerland. The cards I used went through the AT&T network. Most of the time fine connections. I had checked out at least 10 others before picking this one. For a backup, I also got a card for Acculinq www.acculinq.com which was slightly more expensive; their coverage is not as extensive as that available through nobelcom. I believe these will easily satisfy your calling card needs. Nobelcom is prepaid; acculinq is pay as you go. You can use either of these through your hotel phone since both have 800 numbers.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:48 PM
ohp

I, too, used nobel.com when my daughter was studying in Paris for the summer. Can't remember what the rate was, but it was half as much as the university was offering. Check out their website. I had to add dollars to her account while she was there, and it was so easy to do so by phone, and I think you can also do it on-line. Beware of offers like I got from the travel agency that booked her flight. On the way to the airport, I called on my cell and bought minutes at twice the price Nobel charged. Good luck! <BR>