Hi guys -
Me and a friend (20 and 18) are planning our first inter-rail trip, 22 days, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on our itinerary. It could perhaps do with streamlining a bit and we are both conscious we are visiting more expensive countries on a low budget. I don't know if we are spending too much travelling and not enough time at the stops.
Fri 12 July - London to Bruges via Eurostar (planning to buy tickets as soon as possible to cut down on cost but if anyone has any cheaper solutions. I possibly wrongly assumed not needed to be included in inter-rail days as travelling with euro-star isn't covered by pass and I read even discounted rates are not as cheap as booking ahead. Does anyone know?)
Sun 14 - Bruges to Cologne
Tue 16 - Cologne to Munster
Thur 18 - Munster to Cologne
Night train from Cologne to Vienna
Fri 19 - Arrive Vienna
Train from Vienna to Budapest
Sun 22 - Budapest to Vienna
Vienna to Salzburg
Wed 24 - Vienna to Hallstatt
Fri 26 - Hallstatt to Vienna
Vienna to Munich
Sat 27 - Night train from Munich to Prague (Is this possible or necessary?)
Tue 30 - Prague to Berlin
Thu 1 or Fri 2 - Night train to Paris
Next few days - Paris to London (Again - I assume not needed to be included in inter-rail days.)
Thanks for any help, suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 2 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 5 Malaga Christmas lights
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 8 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 9 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 10 Poland--where else to go
- 11 The World's Greatest Churches
- 12 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 13 10 days in europe
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 16 Trans Siberian Train
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 21 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 24 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 25 Greece during Easter week or August
Hi guys -