Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Insight Tours Highlights of Eastern Europe

Apr 6th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

I'm planning a trip with Insight tours (Highlights of Eastern Europe) from 5/28/05 to 06/05/05. Has anyone taken this tour? What can I expect as far as weather is concerned. I understand it can be very cool or very mild.
Any information about the tour or the cities would be greatly appreciated.
Apr 6th, 2005, 08:10 AM
rex

Where does the tour go?

There is an ongoing "debate" here about the use of the term "Eastern Europe" (typically in a marketing context, as you use it here) - - for countries (like Austria, Czech Republic, Poland) that are squarely in the CENTER of central Europe.

Best wishes,

Rex
Apr 6th, 2005, 09:26 AM

Although the countries are in fact in central (not eastern) europe - there;s not much the op can do about the name of the tour.

Weather that time of year should be fairly similar to what you find in the northeast US - not really hot yet - but definitely not cold. But take your own preferences into account - there was recently a post from someone in FLA who was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and sweater when it was 75 - which to me is t-shirt only weather.

For specific info on the cities I would start your research with a couple of good basic guide books - as well as the destination info above.
Dec 11th, 2010, 07:53 AM

My wife and I took The Insight Highlights of Eastern Europe tour in June 2010. Great itinerary!! Our tour director initially identified himself as "Mean Dean". We should have left, but we thought he was joking! We were disappointed with the way Insight handled our air flights (we got a bottle of wine for that error), the tour director, and the way Insight handled our tour evaluation. For several reasons we will not be travelling with Insight again.
Dec 11th, 2010, 11:23 AM
P_M

Here is a good web site for weather stats in various parts of the world.

www.weatherbase.com
Dec 11th, 2010, 07:14 PM

jswtravel registered just to top a 5 year old thread and complain about Insight.