Reload this Page >

Insight Intl Tours to Europe? Anyone have any experience

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 06:23 AM
Smitha

Has anyone been on an Insight Intl Tour to Europe. <BR> <BR>Any comments, thoughts <BR> <BR>Smitha

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 12:02 PM
Ronanne

My husband & I went on an Insight Tour to Turkey last October. The tour company was very professional and first class. Our tour guide was fantastic. Most meals were included, hotels were first class and transfers were included. There weren't any optional excursions either.

Old Dec 9th, 1998, 05:41 AM
Lee

<BR>Insight Tours are wonderful. They are first class and their tour guides are very experienced. They stay in the centre of the big cities (some tour operators don't) so you can explore on your own in your free time. Also they do much of their business in Australea, so you are travelling with Australians and they are great people. They are lots of fun and you make lasting friendship with them. I highly reccommend Insight.

Old Dec 30th, 1998, 01:10 PM
Joanna

I have done Insight tours in Israel and Egypt. I was disappointed with them on the whole. Our hotel was changed when we arrived at Cairo and we hadn't been informed of the change so went to the hotel we thought we were staying at and spent hours not knowing what was going on. The tour guide in Israel was most unsympathetic when I was unwell - he said to my friends "just get her on the bus!" and he pushed us to buy things at various shops where he got a kickback. I know these aren't European experiences but they soured me against Insight for life. I prefer to do my own thing in Europe as the trains are so good - not so the Middle East.

Old Dec 30th, 1998, 06:51 PM
Betty

Hi Smitha, it depends if you want everything done for you. I have done an Insight tour of Europe and definately wouldn't do another. You only get to see what the tour director want's you to see. I have since been back on my own and really enjoyed the experience. Despite what you may be told, independent travel was actually cheaper.