Would you kindly share your guidance about traveling by car in late August between (Part I) Toulouse, France and San Sebastian/Donastia, Spain and (Part II) San Sebastian to Bordeaux with my wife and teenager daughter? This is our 2nd trip to the Dordogne but our first trip to Spain.
Prior to this road trip, we will have spent 10 days in Beynac-et-Cazenac, exploring parts of the surrounding area. We will then travel over two days from Dordogne to Toulouse with an overnight in Albi. Optimally, we would like to spend +/- 3 hours in the car at any one time, but could handle up to 4-5 hours one day. We are more interested in special destinations rather than spectacular mountain drives (although I obviously recognize that the two may go hand-in-hand). As always, any suggestions and input are very welcome and appreciated.
Part I (2 nights) - Our preliminary itinerary includes: Carcassonne, Quéribus/Peyrepertuse, Tarascon-sur-Ariège, France, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France
San Sebastian - 2 nights
Part II (2 nights) - From San Sebastian we will travel to Bordeaux from where we will depart home. Our planned stops along the way include: Hondarribia, St Jean de Luz, Biarritz and Bayonne
Bordeaux - 1 night
Thank you very much, in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Driving
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas Markets 2017
- 20 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip
INPUT PLEASE SW France - N. Spain (including Basque) driving itinerary