This is my first time visiting Europe and I have put together an itinerary. Some feedback from you'll would be very helpful.
The trip has two parts, Paris and Swiss Alps. For each part, I have tried to organize it so that I get to cover places that are relatively close by. Does my plan look doable?
For Switzerland, I wanted to book 4 nights in Murren. But when making plans, it seems that booking the first night in Murren and the following three in Lauterbrunnen would be more convenient. What would you advise?
Ok so here is what I have so far:
Arrive at CDG, get to hotel on 6th Arrondissement. Get used to new time zone.
Paris.....Day 1(The day after I arrive):
Seine river cruise at night (vedettesdupontneuf.com)
Paris Walking tour - Latin Quarter (Paris-walks.com)
Paris Walking tour - Montmatre
Arc de Triomphe
Bike tour (Fat Tire Bike Tours)
Revisit the places I liked most
Travel from Paris to Murren, overnight Murren
Swiss Alps.....Day 7 (Day after I arrive in Murren):
Hike northface trail from Allmendhubel, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Visit Jungfraujoch, see Aletsch glacier
Mannlichen to Kliene Scheidegg hike, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Schynige Platte to First hike
Trummelbach falls, Staubbach falls, overnight Lauterbrunnen
Leave for Lucerne early AM
Lion Monument, Chapel Bridge
If time allows - short lake cruise or ferry to Weggis then a gondola ride to top of Rigi Kaltbad, then hiked down
Lucerne to Zurich, flight back to LA.
Your input is appreciated. Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easter Week in Italy
- 2 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 3 Moscow Hotels
- 4 Rome Hotel
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Getting around Lisbon
- 7 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 8 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 9 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 19 Spain in 2018
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 22 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 23 Christmas week in Ireland
- 24 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 25 Which Aran Island??