My husband and I will be taking a cruise that departs from Venice in May. We have decided to fly into Munich, drive through Austria (via Innsbruck) and the Dolomites and end in Venice for the cruise. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, scenic, small town, route/drive from Innsbruck through the Dolomites to Venice? We've done some research and there seem to be a few different routes to take. We unfortunately don't have much time as we arrive in Munich on Friday, May 3 (7am) and need to be in Venice on Sunday night. Yes, most of our time will be in the car and we understand this. We are driving and won't be taking any trains. Since we are limited with time we know that this particular trip will be mostly scenic driving with a few stops to visit the smaller towns.
Can anyone recommend a driving route - or some small towns/must sees in the Dolomites that aren't to be missed?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keukenhaf
- 2 England
- 3 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 4 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 5 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 6 Netherlands- Texel
- 7 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 10 9 day trip to France
- 11 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 12 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Once upon a time in Italy
- 16 2 week May trip with kids
- 17 Which Aran Island??
- 18 Sleep at Heathrow
- 19 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 22 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 23 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 24 Rail vs. Plane
- 25 Arezzo - how much time?