Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Innsbruck or Kitzbuhel, Austria,How to choose?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 12:02 AM
Janice M. Garrison

Have a chance to either spend 7 nights in either Innsbruck or Kitzbuhel. Have been to Innsbruck just to pass by but have not been to Kitzbuhel. Help,I don't have a clue on how to ski, just want to enjoy the city. IF you know either please give me info. on best city to spend 7 nights. Thanks, Janice Garrison

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 08:36 AM
Bob Ricks

I would do Kitz.....Innsbruck nice in the old area, but just another big town. Kitz is prettier and you do not have to be a skier to enjoy the area. Good luck.

Old Feb 9th, 1998, 07:07 AM
mark

I'm not sure I agree with Bob. I was in Kitz last year and it is beautiful but if you don't ski, Innsbruck might be a bit easier to take day trips to other areas like Salzburg, Klagenfurt, etc. while you can also spend a day in Kitzbuhl (which I would suggest). Zell am See is also very nice and has non-skiing activities. But if you're not a skier, 7 days in a predominantly 'ski' resort could be tough.

Old Feb 9th, 1998, 03:47 PM
Janice Garrison

Thanks for your messages. Now I do not have a choice, the rooms were sold out for the dates in March, therefore, I will be in Innsbruck 3-13-21-98.
I plan to take day trips. Got a great deal from Atlanta. 744.00 for 7 nights, air ,transfers,ect.
Looking forward to the trip. IF you have any more info please pass it along. Thanks, Janice