Flying into Madrid...
Would like to spend a week in a small city/town - base of operations for touring Andalucia by train/bus.
(train from Madrid to ?)
I thought Seville would be ideal, but understand that a large festival (Spring Feria) would be during our stay. Have been eyeing Cordoba, now.
Am I being unnecessarily resistant to staying in Seville (noise, crowds, etc.) during fair? Thoughts on Cordoba for base of operations? Other?
From Cordoba (or Seville) we could head out on day trips to places like Montilla, Montoro, Malaga, Puente Genil, etc. to get a good feel for life in southern Spain.
We typically rent an apartment, cook many meals in, though eat out some....a relaxing, but informative (historical, museums, etc) time.
We were in Madrid 15 years ago, but thinking of also spending a couple of nights there before flying out (or upon arrival)...day trip to Toledo, Avila, etc.
(for example, last spring we spent 10 days in city of Tours, France - using trains, buses to see the Loire Valley, ending with a couple days in Paris)
Any and all thoughts would be appreciated as we begin planning this journey.
will be posting a similar post in Portugal forum, as we plan to head there from Madrid for a week
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 3 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Driving
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 13 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 14 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 15 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 25 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
Flying into Madrid...