Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Information about Loire Valley (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/information-about-loire-valley-597026/)

Heolia Mar 7th, 2006 01:39 AM

Information about Loire Valley

Hello,
I work for The Tourism Commitee in the Loire Valley (in Touraine), and I will be greatly pleased of answering your questions, or hearing your suggestions about your travel in the Loire Valley.
Do not hesitate to write me in this forum if you have any question!
Thank you

Travelnut Mar 7th, 2006 06:18 AM

Thank you for your offer...

PalQ Mar 7th, 2006 06:35 AM

How about the names and e-mail addresses of companies doing mini-bus tours to the castles from Tours, Blois and Amboise - or Orleans (I assume your office is in Orleans?) - merci.

deavs Mar 7th, 2006 06:42 AM

Any recommendations for a day trip in May/June through the Loire Valley in search of vineyards?

murphy89 Mar 7th, 2006 06:54 AM

Yes please - I second PalQ's question. Can you recommend a minibus tour of the Blois Chateaux's? Departing from Blois or Amboise if possible.

Cheers,

Murphy

PalQ Mar 8th, 2006 11:32 AM

Heolia - HELLO! Questions have been asked awaiting a response! Maybe at least give your e-mail so we can contact you. Maybe you're new to Fodors and couldn't find your post - well just search for you name - Heolia and it will pop back up out of the black hole it quickly sinks into.
Your offer was gracious and i'm sure many would like to ask questions. Merci beaucoup.
(J'aime Orleans et je suis passes plusiers semaines la pour plusiers annees parce que mon fils et francaise et il vive en Saran, un banlieu d'Orleans.

Curt Mar 8th, 2006 11:35 AM

maybe she works here if she is real
http://www.tourism-touraine.com/

cocofromdijon Mar 8th, 2006 11:46 AM

>J'aime Orleans et je suis passes plusiers semaines la pour plusiers annees parce que mon fils et francaise et il vive en Saran, un banlieu d'Orleans.< Pal you're so cute!

Heolia has posted on tripadvisor as well (and maybe on other forums)and has not reappeared there yet either. She will have a huge surprise when she comes back! Hope she's not ill...

PalQ Mar 8th, 2006 11:50 AM

No but she is apparently a French beaucrat! Coco - i assume you mean my French sucks (my ex-wife says i speak French like a small child as i learned from him when he was a child) and now i realize that Heolia is probably in Tours - the main Loire Tourism Committee i know is in Orleans but Touraine must be in Tours.

cocofromdijon Mar 8th, 2006 12:19 PM

>French beaucrat< do you mean bureaucrat?
let me correct your sentences and you'll see you were mostly right (and cute!)
J'aime Orleans et je suis passes plusiers semaines la pour plusiers annees parce que mon fils et francaise et il vive en Saran, un banlieu d'Orleans = J'aime Orléans et j'y ai passé plusieurs semaines il y a quelques années, parce que mon fils est français et il vit (or habite) à Saran dans la banlieue d'Orléans. See? :-)

What I like most is when you put feminine instead of masculine. It is so hard for english speakers to guess and I find it irresistible! (if you know Jane Birkin an English actress living in France since (for?) many years, she knows French perfectly well but still plays with genders, because she knows we like that!)

I wonder what you like about French speaking English but I think we would hijack this thread ;-)

PalQ Mar 8th, 2006 12:43 PM

Si ca y'est pour le (la?) moment! One thing though - my son speaks English perfect but continually leaves the s off plurals - like he says he's going to Starbuck (instead of Starbucks) - so no more hijacking Heolia's thread though she may never respond it seems! A bientot!

cocofromdijon Mar 9th, 2006 05:59 AM

ttt
I think she should be back soon :-)

PalQ Mar 9th, 2006 06:35 AM

Yes i'm sure she'll be finished with her coffee break pretty soon!

cocofromdijon Mar 9th, 2006 06:48 AM

She gave precise answers on the other forum a few minutes ago, and she is surely preparing some answers to your questions. Mauvaise langue!:-p

chaslosh Mar 9th, 2006 09:07 AM

My wife and I would like to spend a few days in the Loire Valley and do the usual day trips. Which town would be the best to stay in as a home base? We do not expect to rent a car and will use drivers or tour busses to move around.

PalQ Mar 9th, 2006 09:10 AM

Well Heolia no doubt is gone home now and surely will answer our questions tomorrow - though it's a Friday so maybe not - Monday for sure!

PalQ Mar 9th, 2006 12:48 PM

France, Loire Valley, Tours, chateaux, castles, guide, Minivan ...Located in the Loire Valley, ACCO-DISPO organizes pre-guided tours, to discover the chateaux country and other regions of France, in air conditioned ...
www.accodispo-tours.com

Well here's one mini-bus tour that's been around for a long time.

cocofromdijon Mar 9th, 2006 12:57 PM

Pal, are you trying to compete with Heolia? ;-)
Now you answered your own question, try to find answer to the others!:-d
((s))

prr761 Mar 9th, 2006 02:51 PM

Bonjour!
Does this itinerary sound comfortable, giving enough time to feel relaxed and enjoy the chateau?
Arrive Tours 9am by TGV from Paris.
Pick up car and drive to Chambord
Lunch after Chambord, drive to Chenonceau
Dinner and overnight at Le Cheval Blance, Blere
Out early am after breakfast
Drive to Azay-le-Rideau and Villandry, lunch in there somewhere
Return to Tours, return car
TGV to Paris 5:17pm

We are really excited about finally getting to the Loire at all. Have attempted tours from Paris 3 times, which were cancelled. Sadly only have 2 days, but the chateau we'd especailly like to see seem to be workable in the time frame? Comment? Thanks!

PalQ Mar 10th, 2006 10:21 AM

Coco - non parce que je sais que c'est sure qu'elle repondera bientot!