Info on these Seville hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found a handful of hotels in seville with quad rooms (we are a family of 4).
3*
Hotel Corregidor
hotel Acor Monteolivos
Hotel Doña Carmela
Hotel Vírgen de los Reyes
4*
Hotel Eurosuites

Anyone know of these? We like clean, quiet, comfortable, well-located hotels with a little European/Spanish charm. I found these listing on Sol.com. Anyone use this site to book?

Thanks.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Frommers also listed these as family friendly. Does anyone know about these and do they have quads?
Hotel Doña María
Fernando III

Dona Maria seems to have some bad reviews here. any recent ones?
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:49 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34413025

Here's a recent one re the Dona Maria:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/postrep...p;tid=34431864

And a couple of less recent ones re the Fernando III which might give you some other ideas:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/postrep...p;tid=34431864

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34392965

I found little or nothing via a text search on the other names. I take it you've already looked at Rants & Raves here?
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

I've checked this board for all of these and tripadvisor. From what I can tell, the locations in my 1st post are no in the best location (as far as walkable to mai sites, city center,e tc.).
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:14 AM

Sorry if the links were redundant for you. My question was about whether you'd also found the hotel listings on the Destinations section of Fodors, which also have some reviews:

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgr..._andalusia@144

You have no doubt already seen many positive comments here re the Hotel Amadeus (www.hotelamadeussevilla.com/), which I liked very much. But they do not have rooms for four and depending on the children's ages, might not be the right environment anyway.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. The quad thing seems to be a big problem. We've been to Europe twice with our kids (Italy, Paris and Amsterdam) and I had no trouble finding many quad options (my kids are teens, not little kids and they don't like to share a double bed) but I'm not having the same luck here. I would consider 2 rooms, but I know it could be pricey, especially because we are looking into Easter week (the only time my kids have overlapping school vacation). I've checked tons of booking sites searching for quads, they seem to be far and few. I emailed a few hotels, they never got back to me. I figure if I can find hotels that can accommodate us, then a can cross reference them all over to see if they're any good. It's discouraging.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 12:33 PM

www.hotelacor.com
www.virgendelosreyes.com

These 2 are in my neighbourhood, the modern residential and shopping district called Nervion, near Santa Justa train station. Very well communicated with the historic district, just a 10 minute bus ride, several bus lines to choose from, very frequent, or a 5 minute taxi ride -taxi stops nearby and quite cheap-. 1/2 an hour if you walk.

In comparison, the Acor Monteolivos is newer, homier, smaller. The Virgen de los Reyes has more of a tour group crowd, but it's ok, it has more facilities.
The Monteolivos has a cute pool and garden area, but it will probably be closed in April.

www.hdmaria.com
Hotel Doña Maria is in the greatest location for the Holy Week, but it is expensive and a bit rundown and will be very noisy almost all day.

Eurosuites and Doña Carmela are too far out of town.

For special needs like this, better call yourself instead of e-mailing, someone will speak English.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 07:08 PM

We stayed at Fernando and were pleased with it, especially with the location (right by the Barrio Santa Cruz) and the very helpful staff. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom quite nice. Don't know if they have quads, but I booked on the Internet and you can probably e-mail them and find out.

I too had heard negative things about Dona Maria, but can't say personally (their website makes it look great, but I've found that website photos can be very misleading.)
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 08:37 PM

Olga,

We have a choice between Casa de los Mercaderes and Fernando III - both have great rates in August, and both are well located. We have stayed in Las Casas de la Juderia before and loved it but it's too expensive now. What would you recommend?

Thank you for your advice - I really like your posts and you are always right!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM

Thanks, olga1 !

Casas de los Mercaderes pros:
-Great location, just down the street from the Cathedral and right by Sierpes street, the main shopping area with great sales now thru August, by the way.

-The hotel's decor is newer and brighter than the Fernando's, with an elegant lobby and courtyard that doubles as a bar, nice and cool when you come from the heat outside.
-The staff is younger, friendlier and more accmmodating than the Fernando's.

Fernando III pros:
-A little rooftop pool, which is a prized asset when you come back from sightseeing in the heat of the day...
-More facilities, restaurant, bar.
-Easier access with car. ( But get directions in advance anyway, with all the downtown Seville hotels).

I hope this helps, I tried to be impartial -I work at Mercaderes...-.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 05:49 AM

Olga:
We stayed a weekend at the MonteOlivos in 2001. It was September but 40 degrees (Celsius - 104 Farenheit); we were happy to find an air-conditioned room and a small pool. The price was reasonable but they tried to charge us for 3-nights when we only stayed two. I called the mistake to their attention and it was corrected. We are both fluent in Spanish - that helped us to correct the problem. I don't know if I would recommend this property to people who can't defend themselves in Spanish.

I don't know how it qualifies for a 3-star rating: it doesn't have a full service restaurant or (to the best of my knowledge) an elevator.

It's on a residential street (Monte Olivet) and there's a restaurant down on the corner (turn left as you exit the hotel). It must have been very new in '01 because the taxistas had a hard time finding the street.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 07:53 AM

Thanks, Olga!
After your description, we'll go for Mercaderes - it's much more atmospheric, (the only reason I considered Fernando III is because of the pool). I know, the rates for August are amazing - both hotels are 64E for a double room! I have not seen Mercaderes, but it is prob. similar to La Juderia, and that was a highlight of our trip 3 years ago!
Thanks again! May be we'll see you at Mercaderes?!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 09:51 AM

Wow, I didn't know Fernando III had gone to such a low rate, too. It's a fierce competition this summer here for hotels in Seville, and you customers are lucky!

Just one thing: don't expect Mercaderes to be as cute as Juderia, it's not such a historic building, it's more standard and modern than our sister property. You can see the website and judge for yourself.
www.intergrouphoteles.com
Brand new website, by the way, but not yet in English -they are working on the translation-. Great pictures, though.

I'll be there starting August 21, after my vacation. I hope those are your dates!
E-mail me at [email protected] with your last name and I'll make sure you get a nice room.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 10:50 AM

olga and olga1 - First I checked out the website for Casas de los Mercaderes..beautiful! Now I'm curious as to how Olga1 would find out about these special prices - I didn't see it on their website. We plan on going end of September (next year) and I assume specials like this don't go into Sept/Oct?
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 10:55 AM

Yikes! We paid 180 Euros at Fernando, but it was Easter (Santa Semana) and so I know rates were higher then and it was April of 2002, so the dollar was stronger, but still...great rate Olga 1.

While you're there, I highly recommend the Flamenco show at Los Gallos.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 11:23 AM

All these special rates are for the summer. Everything should go up in September. However, small spanish hotels are just now getting used to internet distributors and wholesalers and yield management techniques and we are realizing that it is a great outlet for those few rooms you always end up having left, specially on weekdays.
So, I have the feeling that if you keep checking for September when the dates are closer, you might find some lastminute bargains in these websites.

The ones I've seen with the best rates are:
www.expedia.com
www.reservas-online.com
www.ratestogo.com
www.venere.com

Good luck!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Thanks..but Olga, using one of those website you recommend doesn't ensure you get to stay at Casas de los Mercaderes, right? I've never used any of these sites, so would you just put in that you want 3* and central location (or should you be more specific?) Thanks.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:46 AM

If you just do a search on any of those websites for Sevilla or Seville, they will show a not too long list of hotels and you will see Mercaderes there, unless it's a date when the hotel is already full at those rates. You can always try the Hotel directly at 34-954-225858, but it will probably be more expensive.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:45 AM

For what its worth: I think the Mercadores is probably a winner. Great location and looks to be very comfortable. Didn't stay there but did do a walk thru.

re Corrigedor: Used to walk past it daily. I am not very high on the area it is in but the hotle itself didn't look bad.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 05:25 PM

Good rates are at bancotel.com, hotelplease.com, accomline.com and lastminute.com. The rates for September, however, are much, much higher...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -