Inexpensive hotel in Positano

Jan 10th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Pat

Inexpensive hotel in Positano

We will be in Italy for a couple of weeks in May and are looking for a 3 star hotel in Positana (less than $200) Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for a hotel in Naples that's around $100.

thanks

Jan 10th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Jen

Try Eden Roc-- when we were there (1st week of April) it was not quite high season, and the rates converted to under $100/night, if I remember correctly-- I don't know how much during high season. It was a very nice place, GREAT for the money- all rooms had balconies overlooking the sea, very helpful and accomodating staff, nice little pool deck on the roof. We loved it there. Here's the website: www.edenroc.it--

Jan 10th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Sue

In Positano we stayed at the Villa Rosa (Karen Brown mentions it) and loved it! It has a spectacular view of the sea and mountains; each room has its own good sized private patio, where breakfast is served to you each morning. It is spotless,has lg. rooms(by European standards),well-appointed, and is charming. It is across the street from the famous/expensive Le Sirenuse. It is much less than $200; in fact, last May I think we paid a little less than $100. That may be because it's on the upside of the hill, and you must walk up many steps to the reception area--it's only drawback, if steps are a problem. I"d go back in a minute and highly recommend it.

Jan 10th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Vincenzo

Pat, a good hotel in Positano according your budget is Casa Albertina: nice and charming, too.
For Naples I suggest Hotel Rex, very close to the famous 4 and 5 star hotels along the sea, but inexpensive ( 2 or 3 stars ).
Ciao.

Jan 10th, 2002, 02:24 PM
robin-k

Another satisfied customer of the Villa Rosa. I was there in April '99. Nice, clean hotel. Nothing fancy, but a good location as previously mentioned, across street from Le Sirenuse (go over there for before dinner drink & relax in their exquisite lounge overlooking bay).