Reload this Page >

Inexpensive Dublin Ireland Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 08:32 AM
cheryl jacobs

I have a 6:45 AM flight out of Dublin. Wow too early for me but?? Do you have a close to airport INEXPENSIVE Hotel or B&B to recommend? <BR>With warm appreciation, <BR>Cheryl

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 12:39 PM
james

<BR>hi Cheryl, we stayed at a lovely B&B in Dublin that was an easy drive to the airport. It was in a place called Sutton, and was a block or two from the DART, which is the easy way to get into the city. The people running it were also called Sutton, and we got the particulars from a green covered book which is put out by the Irish Tourist Board, and which lists all the B&B's in Ireland. We paid 17 pounds per person per night, and had an ensuite bath(very small) and a lovely breakfast, and very nice , helpful hosts. <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 03:53 AM
Davey

Hello Cheryl <BR> <BR>You could try Ard-Cill in Swords which is 15 mins from the airport. It is quite nice and inexpensive also. It can be seen at www.goireland.com . i remember there was a hotel at the airport, i think it was Forte Crest, probably quite expensive though.

Old Jul 15th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Cathy

Cheryl, <BR> <BR>The Great Southern Hotel chain has a hotel at the airport and it is quite good, however B&Bs tend to be cheaper. One piece of advice is pre-book a taxi with your B&B doing the booking - very difficult to get reliable taxis or public transport to airport, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 06:52 AM
steve

Swords is a great place to stay - only about a mile from the airport. try the irish national site. I stayed at one called Hollytree. 22.50 punts per night. There is alot of construction going on in the dublin area and many workers stay in B&B's so I would recommend making a reservation

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Ann

Last time I had an early morning flight out of Dublin, my husband and I had one last night out with friends, then drove to the airport, parked in one of the hotel's parking lots and slept in the car. Not horribly comfortable, but cheap, and I was able to sleep on the plane for the first time in my life.