Inexpensive but nice rome hotel

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inexpensive but nice rome hotel

I am currently in Italy on business and have the option of remaining in rome for a short holiday(3 nights) before flying home, however finding a nice, clean, safe and central hotel in rome is proving to be a problem. What centrally located, but inexpenise hotels can people suggest?
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM

Hotel Romano;
I think the Single off-season rate is 55-60e and it's directly across the street from the Roman Forum. Regards, Walter

Author: ParadiseLost ([email protected])
Date: 01/29/2007, 04:49 pm

I stayed there last May in a Single room for 2 weeks. My only complaint is the TV gets bad reception on a few channels .

12 of the 16 are front facing and have a very nice view. On my 1st night HBO's Rome was on TV, it was pretty cool to lean out the window a bit and look at the Roman Forum.

I was on the 1st floor with a front room and there was no street noise to speak of (shutters, soundproof glass, curtains). Small reception lobby on the ground floor, half-floor elevator meaning it stops between floors so you have to walk down a short half-flight, clean, remodeled, ensuite bathroom, ceiling fans, rooms were very nice no complaints.

I didn't try the AC it was early May (heat was still on) .

Breakfast is served by the cafe next door, tables outside or inside if you like.
It's a typical 2* breakfast (coffee, pastry, juice) but what is nice is this cafe/coffeebar opens early (I've eaten at 6am) and you can always purchase more if you like, wide assortment of typical Italian b'fast items.
I believe the only reason that this hotel isn't listed as a 3* is because it has no b'fast room?
The staff was friendly and spoke a minimum of English. They responded quickly to my emails and I'd book directly thru them ( www.hotelromano.com ) if you were thinking of using venere. Regards, Walter
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Original Poster

thanks walter, are there any more suggestions a nice B&B would also be acceptable.

thanks
Clare
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 03:40 AM

Clare, Pensione Panda has also been recommended here by a number of "the regulars". It's near the Spanish Steps, and the location is excellent, access to the Metro and two cab stands is very close, and the location is also quite "walk-able" in the Historic Center.

Buon Viaggio,
BC
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:07 AM

I have seen a lot of recommendations on this forum for Arco del Lauro, a B & B in Trastevere--do a search for reviews
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:29 AM

I've seen people here recommend convents for very inexpensive accommodation in Italian cities including Rome - try searching this forum & googling on 'Rome convent accommodation'.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 04:32 AM

also try this thread for some ideas
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35108548