Inexpensive art in France

Apr 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Inexpensive art in France

My husband and I enjoy bringing back art from our travels. We are going to France next month (Paris, St-Paul-de-Vence, Aix-en-Provence and Chamonix).

Can anyone help me by letting me know if there is somewhere we should look in any of these locations for art that is less than 1000 euros?

Thanks for your help.
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:38 AM

I saw some attractive art at the Vanves weekend market in Paris..there is one vendor in particular who sells paintings and drawing that looked to be high quality. She is somewhat flexible on prices..
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ekscrunchy. Alas, our stay in Paris doesn't include a weekend. Does this market open on any other days?
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:21 PM

Not sure what your taste is, but I've been fascinated with the art of Smirnov Serguei. He passed away a little over a year ago and I suspect prices are climbing. There is a gallery on rue St Honore:

http://www.galerie-boldyreff.com/index.php?lang=en

Apr 25th, 2008, 04:43 PM

We have been to St Paul de Vence too many times to count, so last time we thought the best way to rmrmber our trip there was to buy some art. It was a bit more than 1K euros, but evertime I pass by it at home, it reminds me of St Paul de Vence.
There are plenty of art galleries there where you might find something you like for 1K.
Good luck