My wife and I enjoy travelling very much and talking about our travels and what we've learned always inspires friends, co-workers, and others. We are interested in leading maybe a group or 2 a year to various places, but mostly Europe and Central/South America. More of a working vacation to help offset our costs kind of thing. For now it is a part-time interest that may lead to what could be a life/career change in the future.
My question is whether or not there is someone out there in Fodors land who has any suggestions or ideas of what kind of qualifications or schooling one would take in order to become an independent tour operator, and where to do that. I know there are many schools in Canada (where we are) and the U.S. that you can do that, but I was hoping for some unbiased suggestions or ideas as weeding through all the ads and information can become a little overwhelming.
So if anyone has information or ideas that could help in our quest to show more people the beauty of our planet I would be forever grateful.
Thank you, best regards, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON MAIL1:844:3O7:279O pASSWORD RESET CONTACT VERIZON Tec*h24/7
- 2 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 5 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 8 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 9 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 10 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 11 First time in Spain
- 12 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 13 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 14 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 18 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 23 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)