IN Venice right now and I need HELPP

Oct 16th, 2002, 01:32 PM
lovevenice

IN Venice right now and I need HELPP

I am actually in Venice right and it is everything I dreamt it would be. I have seen some beautiful venetian glass chandeliers here and would love to buy it. The shops ships worldwide so should I go for it?

Oct 16th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Eye Spy

Absolutely purchase the glass and ship it home. Take out insurance in case of damage. Try to have them ship it return receipt requested so you can track the package yourself. BE SURE YOU GET THE RECEIPT WHICH THE MERCHANT MUST GIVE YOU (BY LAW). Ask about getting the VAT refund; you might not be able to though if you are shipping it home and can't show the merchandise at your point of departure out of Italy in order to get the refund back. Good luck.

Oct 16th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Faye

Yes, by all means buy it! If you don't you will get home and regret it! Do it while you are there and you won't be sorry, we did. There is nothing so pretty to me than Venetian chandeliers when they are lit up on a cold evening and people are drinking wine and eating and laughing underneath it!

Oct 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM
James

YES!
If you really like it, get it. You'll always treasure both the trip and the purchase (and the chandelier) when you have it home. Now's the time to do it. Beats IKEA.

Oct 16th, 2002, 02:48 PM
sean

just curious since it is a glass chandlier won't it break?

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Andy

To LOVE:

I would NOT buy the chandelier UNLESS it is UL Approved for US electricity-
Look for the UL label-'

IF it does NOT Have a UL label, it will cost you a FORTUNE in re-wiring and will negate the cheap price of the chandelier--

They all say they ship worldwide--but what happens if an arm of the crystal is broken-How do you get it replaced in the states>>>>???

Venini Chandeliers sells directly to light companies in the US and all their things coming INTO the US have to be UL approved....

If it were me, I would just get some Venini vases etc and get the chandelier in the US

Oct 16th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Leex

In Los Angeles it cost us about $50. to have a small/medium sized chandelier rewired. It was worth it to us.

Oct 17th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Ira

Hi
We purchased a gilded (real gold) Murano glass chandelier from a small shop just off St Marks sq.
It was wired for USA, came with 3 xtra glass pieces (just in case the maid broke one) was insured, arrived in perfect condition, and is gorgeous.
Suggest you attach it to a dimmer switch for that candlelight look.

Oct 17th, 2002, 06:47 AM
xxx

Something else to think about...a friend bought one and had it shipped to the US then couldn't find bulbs the right size!

I think you can get the VAT refund on the spot when you buy it if you're shipping it home.