In Search of a London Street

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Earnest

In Search of a London Street

Forgive the foolishness of this, but last May I walked from the Tube exit for the Chelsea Flower Show to the show itself. In doing so, I walked down a long narrow street lined with what I can only describe as brownstones. I thought the street was beautiful and realized after I returned to the US that I would love to rent a flat there for a year or two. I have no idea what the name of the street is, but I believe it is the only one of any length from the tube to the Show. Would any of you be able to figure out which street I'm speaking of, with such limited description, and if so, what would a typical rental fee be there?

Cheers,

Earnest

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 09:40 AM
wes fowler

This is a tough one, Earnest! Chelsea is overrun with charming streets lined with Georgian brick homes. There is one street that runs directly from King's Road to Burton's Court and Ranelagh Gardens that you may be thinking of; it's Royal Avenue and was part of an unfinished project begun by William III. He intended to run a grand street lined with brick homes from the Thames to Kensington Palace. Only a portion, now Royal Avenue, was ever completed. Can't begin to speculate on the cost of flat rentals in this, one of London's prestigious areas.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 10:47 AM
JOdy

I think you may mean Lower Sloane st, that runs to Royal Hospital rd then becomes Chelsea Bridge Street. As you walk down Chelsea Bridge St. ranelegh Gardens would be on your right That's the only one I can think of .
No idea if there are any rentals in these buildings, but I know there are some flat rentals in that area maybe not right on that street.

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Earnest

Thanks, Folks.

By the way, what is the Tube stop for Chelsea Gardens Flower Show?

Cheers,

E

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 04:16 PM
JOdy

Sloane Square

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 02:21 AM
Tracy

Hi Earnest - check out these sites:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk

http://www.multimap.com/map/places.c...overviewmap=ap

You'll be able to figure out the street, good luck!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Earnest

Wow! Great Help, Folks.

Tracy, Streetmap.co.uk. does show the magic on the internet, doesn't it.

Thanks again,

E