In paris what is a 'Superior Twin room' vs a 'Twin'

Jan 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
DiG
Original Poster

Superior Twin room vs twin room?

Jan 10th, 2006, 05:31 PM

It's whatever the hotel wants it to mean. The Superior could have more overall space, it could have a better view, or a larger bathroom, or bathrobes, or a seating area, or internet connection, or all of the above.
You should ask.
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:32 PM

But the 'twin' part means two beds, usually two singles unless it's a large business-type hotel.
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM

At the Aiglon on Blvd Raspail, the superior twin provided a nicer bathroom, with dual lavatories and a little more floor space in the bedroom when compared to a normal twin. We also had a real closet in the entry way rather than a cabinet of some type that stood on the floor.

The room was at the end of the hall. When I entered the room, the closet was in front of me, the bathroom on the left and the bedroom on the right.

I thought the extra space, particularly in the bathroom, was welcome.

It was a comfortable place to stay.
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:09 PM

The superior twin at the Mansart had an alcove for the beds off the main part of the room, leaving a good deal of sitting/moving around space. The bathroom was quite large as well.
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:27 PM

"superior twin" is no sort of official term. It is really as Shalott says - whatever the hotel wants. Some amenity that lets them charge more than for a regular twin in the same hotel. Maybe more space, or refurbished decor, or larger bathroom, or a view, or, or, or . . . . .

There is no standard answer - which hotel(s) are you asking about?
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:15 AM

The same differences as between "superior" and "deluxe." Ask the hotel and HOPE they can come up with a reasonable answer.
Jan 11th, 2006, 03:50 AM

The differnce is stubbing your toe on your suitcase getting out of bed vs not.
Jan 11th, 2006, 04:44 AM
tod

Many thanks to Bob Brown for suggesting the Aiglon. I think it will suit my needs just fine when I next go to Paris. Nice & near a Metro too.
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:43 AM

I like the Aiglon, also, it's a good hotel.

I think a superior room almost always has a little more space. The other things, also, may occur, but I think that is one of the most common distinctions (that and perhaps better location in the hotel/view).
Jan 11th, 2006, 12:11 PM

the Aiglon is near two Metro lines, 4 and 6, and several bus lines which travel Blvd Raspail and Blvd Montparnasse.

The Raspail Metro station is a stop on line 4 and line 6; Vavin is a stop on line 4 only. Both lines go to that huge station known as Montparnasse Bienvenue.

There is a good bakery across the street from the hotel, and numerous side streets with various little shops.

Luxembourg Gardens are just a short walk north.

There are quite a few places to eat up an down the main streets of the area.

Jan 11th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Also, if you are looking for a twin room because you want 2 separate beds you might want to check this out with your hotel. Often times, a twin room in Paris means that 2 singles are pushed together creating a double bed. You can of course push the beds apart, but they're not always separated by a night table.
Jan 22nd, 2006, 04:21 PM
DiG
Original Poster

It appears the room may have space for
sitting and moving around without stubbing our toes and a seperate bath area which I thought.

Have been away on business, going to re look at 'de la Bourdonnais', and a few others, would like a balcony & 2 twins together.

Thanks for the replys, I'll let you know what we decide.
Jan 28th, 2006, 07:56 PM
DiG
Original Poster

Hi everyone: wanted to tell you we have booked a balcony room at the Hotel de la Bourdonnais for 6 nights.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Di