We landed in Paris yesterday mid-morning. Everything great so far EXCEPT American Airlines seems to have mixed up/lost our checked in bag (
Detailed at http://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/need-lost-luggage-help.cfm)
I would love to have some recommendations on stores/store chains for reasonably priced basic wear for or me, my wife and our three and a half year old. (Almost all our clothes were checked in and we need to buy at least some change of clothes and undergarments to survive)
Also need to buy bedtime reading books for a toddler. (My three and a half year old is badly missing his books from the check-in. He started sobbing last night when there was no books to read. Didn't realize he is that attached to his reading objects ..)
We are in 13e on Rue Chandon. If you guys have any recommendation for stores/chains/bookshops (English books?) nearby, that would be awesome. Have no experience with shopping in France at all (except grocery shopping from yesterday!)
Lastly, would much appreciate any advise on what is the best course of action regarding the lost luggage. Would it help to personally land up in CDG tomorrow morning?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 3 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Motorcycle tours and rental
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 9 Transportation in Brittany
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 19 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 20 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 21 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 22 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Paris Apartment
- 25 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
In Paris - need to replace some lost luggage somewhat urgently