Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

In need of a quick trip to London/Oxford/Hampton Court? LYB's pics from those wonderful places on line.

Search

In need of a quick trip to London/Oxford/Hampton Court? LYB's pics from those wonderful places on line.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2005, 09:54 AM
lyb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you all had a nice Christmas or Hanukah and that you will have a great 2006, plenty of health, happiness, time off and money for travel.

In 2004, I had a great trip to London, and though my pictures have been on line on Webshots since then, I've now added them to my own website along with my other travel photos. Along with the pictures is a mini trip report that explain each photo.

To go directly to the London Photo gallery, use this link. http://lynnsview.com/Gallery/london-2004

If you first go to the main link, http://lynnsview.com/Gallery the London album is on the second page, click on the "2" in the purplish bar at the top of the page to take you to the 2nd page.

Old Jan 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
lyb
Original Poster

Topping for those who were on vacation during the holidays.....and I only do this because I love to see pictures of all others and I'm probably not the only one.

Plus as people are planning their 2006 trip, especially for the person going for the first time in London, it will give you an idea of places to see and the time involved.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Dear Lynn,

Glad you topped this, I missed it the first time. You're a great photographer and I remember looking at your gallery for your Paris/Amsterdam photos.

"Loos of London" is the best .

(Seriously, your Big Ben/sky/cloud photo is a stunner.)
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 07:49 PM
jgg

Thanks Lynn. I am planning the details for our trip to London in March, and enjoyed looking at your pictures.
Old Jan 7th, 2006, 08:16 PM
lyb
Original Poster

Susan,

Thank you very much for the compliments and doing the "London Loos" became quite funny. I'm sure some times other people in the "loo" probably wondered what was going when the flash would go off.

Jgg,

I'm jealous that you're going to London, I loved it and I will definitely go back!
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 02:20 AM

Lynn, you missed one for your "Loos of London" series - when you were in the Cabinet War Rooms, did you not see Churchill's chamberpot?! Maybe when you come back again....
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 04:43 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the great pictures and for reposting as I was IN London the first time you posted.

I love all the angles you used in your shots as well as all the gorgeous flower/garden/park shots. It makes me even more determined to return to London in warmer weather.

It is funny that you keep mentioning how hot you guys were, because my report and pictures talk about the cold. In particular, our shots in Oxford in front of the replica of the Bridge of Sighs....it was Freezing (actually below freezing with some ice patches) so the contrast is apparant.

We also loved London and hope to return. Too bad we didn't consider the "Loos of London" idea as I can tell you my boys would have gone nuts.

Happy travels!
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 10:42 AM
lyb
Original Poster

Patrick,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pics inside the War Room, I would have loved to and that would have been a great one!!

Fun4all4,

Will you be putting your pictures on the web? I would love to see them. I would love to go back to London when during the winter, though I hate being cold, I want to see all these great cities that I love in different seasons. I'm off to read your trip report now.

Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:08 AM
lyb
Original Poster

fun4all4,

I found your pic link and responded to them on your trip report.