We're staying in Lisboa for 4 days in mid-March. Can anyone help me with a few simple questions?
1. We think we have the hotels narrowed down to the Olissipo Lapa & the Pestana. Both seem to exude old-world charm, although from our reading the Pestana may be somewhat better located. We will not be keeping a car so walking distance to attractions and public transportation is very important.
Can anyone render an opinion? We LOVE old-world hotels and would prefer not to stay in a more conventional facility if possible. The Britania (#1 on TA) seems lovely but it seems so much more modern (even though it's advertised as "art-deco").
Does anyone know how much of a hassle/time factor is involved in getting to and from the hotel from the airport? On our last night we are considering transferring to a hotel at the airport because of a very early-morning flight the next day. Should we bother changing hotels for this reason, and if so, what is a nice-ish hotel at the airport?
2. What kind of weather should we expect in mid-March? The weather underground seems to suggest mid-60's during the day, but not a lot of sunshine. Is this accurate?
3. Finally, I am reading mixed reviews of Lisboa itself. Some people seem to love the city but some have complained bitterly that it is dirty and filled with homeless and beggars.
Which is true? How can we maximize our stay there? We love to wander around on foot and explore shops and back alleys and stuff. Are there place/neighborhoods to avoid? Must see?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Budget trip
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Driving
- 7 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 Algarve Town Selection
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 paris to london- day trip
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Portugal
- 22 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017
In Lisbon, Portugal, Olissipo Lapa vs. Pestana and a few more q's please.