Santiago De Alfama Lisbon

Old Apr 25th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santiago De Alfama Lisbon

I was looking for some feedback in particular to a hotel that would be close to this hotel in Lisbon. We are going with a group and they have chosen this hotel while it looks lovely we were looking for something somewhat less $$$ but close by in vicinity. This does not seem to be a very active subject on Fodor's but if anyone can make any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 25th, 2016, 05:55 AM

I don't have a recommendation in that area since I stayed near Rossio Square and really liked that location, but I'd suggest you look at booking.com and use the map to check out hotels close to that hotel.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks that is a good idea. I really don't see much around the area. Where did you stay in Rossio square? Were you in or around the Alfama area? Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 06:15 AM

We stayed at the My Story Rossio hotel, which is right on the square and steps from the Aerobus stop, but there are many hotels in that area, both more and less expensive. Apart from very small rooms, the hotel was lovely. We walked from there to the Fado museum which is in the Alfama area.

We were only there 2 days, so I hope some of the Portugal experts will chime in with ideas. On a previous trip years ago we explored the Alfama area and I remember we found the streets very confusing.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Funny you should mention this on another site filled with reviews it was said you could easily get lost in Alfalma it was also not for one who had any mobility issues. I get shots in my knee I won't say I am disabled but certainly try not to anger my knee.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 12:39 PM

Yes, I also have difficulty climbing stairs and walking uphill, and the Alfama is definitely hilly. Taxis are not expensive in Lisbon, so you can get around that way, but I liked being able to explore the area around our hotel on foot without too much difficulty.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll enjoy Lisbon.
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 12:58 PM

If you're not tied to staying in the Alfama, we walked by a number of hotels in our area which looked pretty nice and were more reasonably priced. The Rossio Garden Hotel, and the Residencial Florescente (frequently recommended on this board) are located on a pedestrian only street with lots of outdoor restaurants. We also looked at the Augusta Boutique House which had very good reviews on booking.com.