Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I'm flying to Manchester in a month on American -- should I worry/cancel?

I'm flying to Manchester in a month on American -- should I worry/cancel?

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Posts: n/a
I'm flying to Manchester in a month on American -- should I worry/cancel?

I'm scheduled to leave on a flight to Manchester in mid-October on American Airlines. It appears their website is saying you can cancel should you desire, but it isn't clear as if it's flights in the next two weeks, etc.

Maybe I'm worrying needlessly? My instinct is to go if it's possible.
Old Sep 12th, 2001, 02:34 PM
Posts: n/a
You're worrying needlessly! I'm an agent. The airlines are offering people scheduled to travel between Sept. 11 and Sept. 25 a full refund or a re-schedule without penalty, not anybody traveling after Sept. 25. I think by the time you will be traveling things will be back to a semi-normal state. Please don't panic and take your flight.
We Americans need to show the world that nothing can keep us down!!
Old Sep 12th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Posts: n/a
You'll see in a few weeks (god, i hope) that you will be able to take your flight very safely. You will notice many things different at the aeropuerto i am sure, but you will be fine. Of course, if I am wrong, you will know that by then too. let's just hope I am correct.
Old Sep 12th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Posts: n/a
where are you learning about refunds? I didn't see any info on refunds on the united website. do we need to call and ask? we have tix in a month but we would prefer not to go.
no one knows if it will be safer or safer or okay to fly, you just need to do what makes you feel comfortable. for us, this tragedy has been very upsetting. we will reschedule for a much later time. for the travel agent, have the airlines said refunds are only for Sept??
Old Sep 12th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Posts: n/a
the security will be the best it has been in years. i fully intend to fly american airlines out of logan on the 19th without fear. do not give in as this is just what the terrorists want. its about time we have saftey precautons as all of europe and southeast asia has now.
Old Sep 12th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Posts: n/a
Old Sep 12th, 2001, 08:54 PM
Posts: n/a
We have tickets to Paris next Thursday, the 20th. While I'm sure that security at the airport will be better than ever, I have mixed feelings about whether we should postpone our trip.I want to go and to enjoy but I'm a little afraid about how this is all going to play out in the next few weeks. My fear is that if we retaliate and then they retaliate, things may accelerate into a major conflict and I'd hate to be stranded overseas. Hopefully, this scenerio won't happen and the situation will settle down. While I'm more inclined to go, my husband is reluctant. It's been interesting to read other people's comment and to listen to their reasoning. It seems that more than half the people on this board are still planning to go on their trip, while others have already postponed their trips for a future time when emotions, fears and saddness are less. I think we'll wait and see what happens and how we feel in the next several days.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information