Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

I'm "desperate"; R U going to Madrid? I need something from there, PUHLEEZ!!

Jun 17th, 1999, 05:32 PM
arline

Help! We were in Madrid in April and stayed very near the Puerta del Sol, a very popular plaza. Within two blocks of the Puerta, a famous candy store, "La Violeta", exists. At the suggestion of a travel book, we bought a small box of these incredible-tasting hard candies, flavored, apparently with "violets". We didn't taste them until we got home and everyone went crazy for them. I have the address and phone #, but was told they don't ship to U.S when I called. They are lightweight, violet in color and flower-shaped, each one about the size of an M & M candy. I would be HAPPY to prepay money to anyone going over there to purchase some of these bulk candies for me and ship to me when returning to the U.S. Any chance of this from someone going there? I have tried a search extensively on the net to no avail!! No place seems to carry them. Thanks for your consideration.

Jun 19th, 1999, 01:11 PM
arline

I'm so desperate, I'll try putting this up at the top again.

Jun 19th, 1999, 01:11 PM
arline

I'm so desperate, I'll try putting this up at the top again.

Jun 21st, 1999, 10:39 AM
Lucy

Our daughter just left for Spain today and we will be going next month. We can pick some up. E-mail if no other respondents..Lucy

Jun 21st, 1999, 12:39 PM
Andria

I got such a kick out of this message and i just wanted you to know that if i was going to Madrid, i would do this favor for you. But, im not, sorry

Jun 21st, 1999, 04:01 PM
MarkJ

Hi Arline, my wife and i will be in Spain late July. We wil only be in Madrid for about 6 hours (long layover on our way to Santiago de Compostela). We plan on visiting the Prada(sp) meuseum. i can't promise we'll have time to get the candy but if you'll send me the details - name of candy and the quantity you want - if we have time, we'll pick it up for you. As far as expenses, if we're able to get it you can repay us when we send it to you.

Hope this helps.
MJ

Jun 29th, 1999, 12:36 PM
arline

Lucy:
Thanks so much for your kind offer. I have sent you three messages but they are returned from postmaster. Have you changed your email address or did you change your mind?
Arline