Iliac, Brittany, France

Old Oct 8th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Roger

Iliac, Brittany, France

I've just completed Scott Berg's biography of Charles Lindbergh. Lindbergh spent much of 1938 on the island of Iliac in Brittany, an island not only beautiful but very isolated, an easy place for the Lindbergh's to get away from the US media that always badgered them in America. Apparently, Iliac is an island at high tide but can be connected to mainland Brittany during low tide. Any information about Iliac would be appreciated.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:33 PM
xxx

Roger, I have a shelf full of stuff on Brittany including indexed maps and I can neither find it nor any reference to it

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 12:39 PM
xxx

I googled and the only thing I could find with any relevance was:-

"Aubin left his comfortable home in Brittany to join the monastery of Tintillac. We have not yet discovered its site, as no village has this exact name today, and many names have changed during this long period of 1,500 years*.Tintillac is likely to have been somewhere between his Brittany village and his eventual destination in Angers, 130 miles to the east The study of place names suggests a site around the lower river, Vilaine, where we find a concentration of names ending in "-iliac". Thehillac village once had an ancient monastery and is within sight of the main Roman road linking Languidic to Angers"