Search

South of France

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South of France

We will be travelling to Southern France this June with our 3 boys (20,17,11) and are looking for best cities/activities for families. . We are meeting our 17 year old in Avignon after his high school French study trip, and are trying to plan 3-4 days in provence/French riviera befor we go to Italy. We are flying into Marseilles and thought about seeing the Pont du Gard (kayaking under it?), then Trying to decide what would be most appealing to our active family. Suggestions have included Les Baux de provence, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Camargue, St. Paul du vence, Eze,, corniche drive from Nice to Monaco. Since we only have a few days, we thought we'd spend a night or 2 in Avignon, then 2 nights in either Nice, Antibes or Monte Carlo. Any recommendations on must-see sights for families? hotels?
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 01:01 PM

First you need to check to see where you can get reservations at this late date. That will dictate where you can go. I'd start by checking on booking.com and take it from there.
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 01:04 PM

Do you have my 27 page Provence & Cote d'Azur itinerary??? I've sent it to over 3,000 people on Fodors. If you would like a copy, e-mail me at [email protected] & I'll attach one to the reply e-mail. Do so soon - we leave for Europe in 20 hours.

Stu Dudley
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM

visit the pont du gard just before sunset, the glow is magical. and you can call to the birds as they are beginning to roost
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM

Aix en Provence is fabulous for that age group as is the Gorge du Verdon ( Frances Grand Canyon) I met my daughter in Nice and we drive up to the Gorge du Verdon to stay at a restored olive mill. We kayaked in the canyon, went to the town where they do Faence and ate in a renowned restaurant, drove to Aix and took the TGV up to Paris for a few days. Memorable, wonderful trip! Have fun!