Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Il Vittoriale degli Italiani, Gardone Riviera

Old Mar 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on the website poking around for tourist information. Admission prices are listed in two columns: regular adult price and senior price. Does anyone know if the senior price applies to non-Italians?

Also, it appears as though there are two venues: the gardens/property and individual buildings, which may be museums. If I have it right, admission to the gardens does not allow a visitor into any building on the property. Is there a "must see" museum?

I sure hope PalenQ sees this posting.
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 04:38 PM
GAC

Entrance to the Villa/residence is quite interesting and worthwhile. D'Annunzio was quite a singular fellow, with a larger-than-life personality, and his oddities become evident when you enter his house.
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 04:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The website says visitors over 65. Often sites in Italy will say EU citizens only, but this one doesn't.

It seems to read the museum (d'Annunzio Eroe) is guided visit only (included in price A ticket) and the tour lasts about 30 minutes.

On the website, click biglietti. This will show the prices (A, B and C). On the left, under the word bigletti, click percoros A. This will make a list of what is included appear along with a numbered map. Then click B. Some things will be marked out as not included. Then click C.

http://www.vittoriale.it/booking
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

kybourbon, I had been ignoring the three ABC colors in the black box to the left...just kept looking at the ABC colors in the larger white box. Thank you so much for clearing that up. Very helpful.

My choice would be A with entrance to 15 sights, but do you or anyone else have a guestimate as to how many hours we would need to allow for that choice?
Old Mar 19th, 2014, 07:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I haven't been. I took a look at their Facebook page as many sites that have them answer questions. I don't see that on theirs and everything is Italian (other sites seem to have a bit of English on their FB pages). They also have Twitter so if you are on there, some answer Twitter faster than e-mails. If not, this was on the FB page:

Per maggiori informazioni 0365.296511, oppure www.vittoriale.it, e-mail [email protected]