Reload this Page >

I'l heading to London and want to see France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 03:55 PM
Anne

HI- <BR>I'm heading to London to visit a friend late November and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an extended weekend trip to France. I'll probably be heading there on my own so I was wondering if there are any travel groups. <BR>Thanks! <BR>Anne

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 05:14 PM
Diane

Tour companies, like citirama(?) run weekend trips between London and Paris, and I expect there are several to choose from. I'd love to do one myself, using the Chunnel train. I'll bet if you do a search on "chunnel" you'll find some suggestions.

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 06:42 PM
elvira

http://www.eurostar.co.uk/ <BR> <BR>The site gives you timetables, prices, etc. If you click on Holidays Direct, there are offers for train+hotel to Paris (pretty good bargain). <BR> <BR>There is also a Ski Train that takes you into the French Alps, if you'd rather see mountains than Paris. <BR> <BR>If you don't want either of those, you can take the Eurostar (the Chunnel) to Paris or Lille, and transfer to another train to your chosen destination. <BR> <BR>Cityrama and ParisVision offer city tours of Paris (and outside of Paris as well). Websites are www.cityrama.com and www.parisvision.com

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 04:42 AM
William

Quite simple really. You take the Eurostar from London and 3 hours later you are in Paris. Catch the early morning train, be in Paris mid-morning, stay the weekend, catch a Sunday evening train back. Nice trip, fast, and you should be able to get some decent rates for weekend travel. I suggest using "second" class, much cheaper and really quite comfortable. I have used both first and second and I really don't think first is worth the extra money, meal or not.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 07:43 AM
Ann

Its called the "channel tunnel". "chunnel" is not a term used any more.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 09:25 AM
sssss

I'm sorry, France is not in London.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 01:19 PM
Anne

Mr Smart A***- <BR>Thanks for your marvelous insight on all of your responses to everyone. France not IN London, I did not know!