Reload this Page >

ignorant american wants to know additional uses for bidets besides the obvious

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 02:48 PM
zee

In each country the bidets are shaped different. The spouts weren't located were i expected. in bed and breakfasts it appeared that bidets are used for other purposes other than the obvious. what the heck do they use them for besides the obvious (truthfully, europeans must be more flexible or something looking at those contraptions. <BR> <BR>please help, zee, the ignorant uncultured american

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 03:26 PM
Aurora

Excellent for (1) cooling dozens of bottles of beer simultaneously, (2) rinsing out one's socks, and (3) soothing tired feet.

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 06:45 PM
Denise

Daughter used them to rinse clothes in a couple of years ago. Sounds ghastly!

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 06:47 PM
Denise

Daughter used them to rinse clothes in a couple of years ago. Sounds ghastly! My wonder is how do the elderly use the squats? We are definitely used to the best. Denise

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 06:48 PM
Denise

Daughter used them to rinse clothes in a couple of years ago. Sounds ghastly! My wonder is how do the elderly use the squats? We are definitely used to the best. Denise

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 07:58 PM
Diane

Don't knock it until you've tried it for the purposes for which they were invented. Hey. Its a real romantic city. The rooms are just about all bed. How many showers can one take in a night?

Old Dec 8th, 1998, 04:48 AM
ilisa

Chill wine! <BR>

Old Dec 13th, 1998, 12:25 PM
francesca

Our contractor thought I was crazy to want one put in our bathroom, but once you get used to having one, it's hard to live without. They are brilliant for propping up your feet and doing your toenails (soak feet one at a time in hot water while you paint the other foot), you can chill a bottle of champagne very effectively (it can lie down completely), wash out the babies clothes, panty hose, whatever and...the obvious.

Old Dec 14th, 1998, 12:53 PM
Richard

OK, enought tap dancing about bidets and their "obvious" use. Their primary function is hygienic, to wash the nether parts of the body, right? <BR>