Reload this Page >

Airfares for Summer 2002

Search

Airfares for Summer 2002

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:40 PM
me

Airfares for Summer 2002

I am planning to fly to Amsterdam from Tampa in early June and returning to Tampa via Paris in early July. The fares have been hovering around $830 and just tonight jumped up to over $1100. Should I remain calm and think that the best fares will not pop up til about December? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:43 PM
E

<BR> <BR>I think you'll be ok. It's still VERY early. I flew from Tampa to London then home from Amsterdam and I think I spent $400 total. Question: where do you do your flight searches?

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:49 PM
Me

I have been searching via yahoo travel, orbitz and the individual airline sites such as Delta, NWest, B Airways, KLM. My biggest problem with searching the individual airline sites is that I am going into one airport and out another although I am trying to see what I can get going in and out of one. *sigh* <BR> <BR>Thanks for the help.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:53 PM
E

<BR> <BR>The reason I asked is that I sometimes use www.qixo.com. But when/if you use a single airline's site to do your searching, you can always get the frequent miles. <BR> <BR>Good luck on your trip. Amsterdam is so amazing and Paris was beautiful when I was there. Make sure and read up on all the places you're going to. Knowledge will be your best guide, where ever you are.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:28 PM
janis

It is Waaaaay too early to be booking tickets for next June. At this point all you will get are full fare tickets. Airlines do not announce sales or relaese tickets to consolidators until a few months ahead. Start looking in mid January to late Feb.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:48 PM
alsonotso

I would remain calm, $830 looks more like a west coast fare, you should be able to do better.