Reload this Page >

if you have been to singapore HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 06:09 PM
glenn

My favorite place in the world is Singapore. I love the entertainment, shopping, and food offered there. I know many of you think it is too commercialized but I honestly like that becuase it means the country is always developing ideas to attract tourists. Is there anywhere like that in Europe?

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Michael

I heard Fiji is nice but noone here seems to know anything about it.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 03:32 PM
xxxxx

Perhaps that is because Fiji is not in Europe??

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Walter

I heard in the news that only 17% of Americans could locate Iraq on a blank map with a few countries outlined (it was a multiple choice quiz).<BR><BR>I vote with Glenn that Singapore is in Europe!<BR><BR>Amsterdam Airport is like Singapore. The high street in Gibraltar is a little like Singapore except that it isn't very long. To me, Copenhagen is a little like Singapore (is somewhat commercialized, isn't too dirty, has tourists). If you disagree, I think you will agree that Rome, Amsterdam, or Paris is not like Singapore.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 11:03 PM
John H

Having lived in Singapore for several years and traveled/studied extensively in Europe, I cannot think of any place that remotely feels like Singapore (extremely safe, spotlessly clean, good/cheap and varied food, ...). Maybe Disneyland Paris (though probably not much cheap food)?<BR><BR>John H.<BR>

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 01:17 AM
Xenos

It may sound like a stupid suggestion at first sight, but have you considered Manchester in northern England?<BR><BR>Since the city centre was bombed in 1996 the government and city council have spent a small fortune in re-developing it and making it more attractive for tourists. It has art galleries, museums, theatres and is close enough to 3 National Parks for days out. Lots of wonderful shops, both in the city centre and the nearby Trafford Centre and with its own China Town and Curry Mile, as well as more upmarket restaurants, you have a great choice of places to eat.<BR><BR>Having said all that, it's nothing at all like Singapore as far as cleanliness and safety are concerned but, like John, I honestly can't think of anywhere in Europe that is.<BR><BR>