Looking to hear from seasoned Europe travelers about what city you would choose to visit if you had 2 weeks and were flying into London and out of Paris. My wife and I are looking to spend 4-5 days in London and Paris (each) but would like to hop a train/plane to a nearby city for exploration. I thought it would be fun to hear where forum members would choose and why (I'm not asking you to tailor it to me, since I'm not giving you a lot of info yet, but more of "what would I do if this was my basic itinerary?"). The possible cities on my short list are Edinburgh (b/c a friend said it was "magical"), or somewhere in Belgium, Switzerland or Germany (we've been to Italy and Netherlands recently and opting for new regions). So if you have the time and energy, please name what cities you'd visit and why they are so awesome. Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Croatia in mid/late October
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Dubrovnik
- 13 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Norte Dame light show!
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Greece in end October
- 25 Champagne Tours