Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

If you could be any pasta, which kind would you be?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 12:37 PM
silly

Just curious, I would love to be a long thin spaghetti noodle, so I could be sucked up in one breath by a luscious man on a break from the gelato parlour!

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 01:25 PM
xxx

And this has what relationship to travel in Europe? <BR> <BR>Any fetishes you'd like to share? Do hope your analyst returns from vacation soon.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Polly Glott

The farfalla, because it has such a lovely evocative name, and if released from the confines of its box out of doors, it will turn into the most beautiful, colorful, iridescent creature, and flutter off into the soft sunshine, where gentle breezes will help carry it to France as a papillon and Spain as a mariposa.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Cindy

I'll take a cut at this, as it is one of the most wacky threads I've seen in a while. <BR> <BR>I'd be lasagna because I would be thin and flexible.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 02:48 PM
re: this thread

(from American Heritage Dictionary) <BR> <BR>silly (adj.) 1) Showing a lack of good sense; stupid. 2) Frivolous 3) Semiconscious; dazed.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 02:50 PM
silly me

Little alphabet macaroni, so I could help teach kiddies to read, so they will have a lifetime of interesting things to learn, and will never be so bored that they would waste hours asking and answering questions on a travel website when their next vacation is not for many months.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 02:58 PM
zzz

Cindy, <BR> <BR>Almost every image of lasagna noodles I can think of leads to the word "broad", not "thin"! <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 03:10 PM
yyy

Hey zzz, don't poke fun at Cindy. She was obviously only trying to tell us that she is "fat and can't bend very well".

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 03:24 PM
nancy

I yearn to be a Farfallette (Butterfly winged shaped pasta)or an Oreccheiette <BR>( a little "ear") <BR>But unfortunately I was born a fusilli <BR>(long and twisted ) <BR>Cindy, <BR>Maybe you meant Cappellini (long, and thin ) <BR> <BR>XXX, This thread, and YYY, <BR>What is wrong with having a little fun? <BR>I laughed when I read the title of this, and laughing is GOOD

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 03:35 PM
Polly Glott

Ah, Farfaletta, I am Farfalla. We can flutter off together during our brief and colorful lifetimes. I love our names in France and Spain, too. (Does anyone know what butterflies are called in other languages besides I., F. and S.?)

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 03:35 PM
Polly Glott

Ah, Farfaletta, I am Farfalla. We can flutter off together during our brief and colorful lifetimes. I love our names in France and Spain, too. (Does anyone know what butterflies are called in other languages besides I., F. and S.?)

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 05:33 PM
eat-me

Oh MY GOD - this is a goofy thread!!! <BR> <BR>I'll play. If I could be a pasta, I'd be a tortellini; round & tasty & filled with formaggio. Or maybe I'd be swimming in a soup tureen of brodo!

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Matt

Cavetelli -my grandmother called it ga-va-dil. Thick, short, and curled into itself-and fresh not dry. <BR>Option two would have to be ziti (no lines) and long not short boxed stuff <BR>yeah, the two foot tube ziti!

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 06:49 PM
elvira

giglio - pretty open, and a little bit screwy

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 05:34 AM
just me

conchiglie, <BR>a fluted, shell shape, and I would swim in the Adriatic sea.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 07:07 AM
Ellen

Oh, a bowtie for sure. All dressed up and ready to go. I'd prefer some of the fancier colors now available, like the turqoise, white, and red we picked up in Positano.