Reload this Page >

If money was no object which hotel in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Jo

As the subject line says. <BR> <BR>If money were no object which hotel in London would you choose and why. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Logan

For me it would be a large bedroom with river view at the Savoy. <BR> Why? It's one of the big 3 or 4 in any event, and is steps away from the theater, which is what I would be spending most evenings doing.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:33 PM
jhm

On the basis of no personal experience, solely rumor: <BR> <BR>-- The Lanesborough -- I've heard a rumor that the 1,000 pound a night suite is pretty AOK. Great location. <BR> <BR>-- The new Ian Schrager St Martin's Lane hotel, just to see what all the fuss is about.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 03:28 PM
kam

I would go with the Savoy, having had the joy of staying there once on business.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 03:28 PM
janis

Clairidges or the Lanesborough. But I'd "settle" for the Ritz or Grosvenor House

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 04:14 PM
rich

<BR> <BR>47 Park Place . . would stay there anytime I was in London on expense account. Great little hotel! <BR> <BR>Rich

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Mel

The Lanesborough, but I'd take tea at Browns and dinner at the Ritz.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 07:00 PM
wendy

DEfinitely the Dorchester, every room that I was ever in was consistently beautiful- great flowers in lobby- tea after work is affordable there. SAvoy rooms are inconsistent, and worn. Claridges is good too- but some rooms are very small- Grovsenor House- a little to big for me, 47 Park a good choice too. Any questions, email

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:55 PM
John

Haven't stayed at too many of the big names, but the nicest hotel we ever used in London was the St James Court, then a Taj property, now a Crowne Plaza, http://www.london.crowneplaza.com/index.html <BR>We're very fond of good renovation/conversions of historic properties to modern uses, and this baby scored on all points. I believe the courtyard and some of the apartments were used in <I>Enchanted April</I> if that's any recommendation.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:30 PM
take a look at these

why should you go for one of the big chain hotels when you can get a smaller friendlier and more looked after atmosphere? I am working on a project on London hotels and can assure that the nicest are the smaller ones. If you take a look at this site: <BR>http://www.gorehotel.com/ <BR>you will see what I mean! The rooms are really nice with old four poster beds and the bathrooms are not at all like bathrooms. There are three hotels that are part of this small chain. I can't let you know enough how much nicer these hotels are than the big stuffy ones. Definietly where I will be staying when I go to London!

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 01:03 AM
Ursula

The design place "Hotel Hempel". <BR>www.the-hempel.co.uk/ <BR> <BR>Anybody been there?

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 03:16 AM
s.fowler

Take a "high end" room at the Colonnade Town House Hotel in "little venice" -- elegant, penhaglion toiletries and a house cat named Mouse

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Jo

Thanks everyone for participating <BR> <BR>Looking through the company I work for's website on travel and hotels I came across these. Can anyone tell me which of these you would choose if you were paying these prices? These are corporate prices that were negotiated with each property. I am trying to figure out which is the best deal. <BR>The prices are all in English pounds and are per night <BR> <BR>Landmark London 185 pounds <BR>Hotel Intercontinental 181 pounds <BR>Sheraton Park Tower 178 pounds <BR>Langham Hilton 175 pounds <BR>London Mayfair Intercontinental 165 p. <BR>Churchill Intercontinental 165 pounds <BR>Le Meridien Waldorf 160 pounds <BR>The Westbury London 155 pounds <BR>Le Meridien Grosvenor 155 pounds <BR>Millenium Hotel Mayfair 153 pounds <BR>Crown Plaza St. James 132 pounds <BR>The Tower Thistle 128 pounds <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Laura

Try www.lastminute.com they have rooms at many of these hotels for less...if you are leaving soon...I got rooms at Claridges and the Connaught. (I would rec these hotels !)

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Jo

Thanks Laura, <BR> <BR>No, I am not leaving soon. I am just starting my research for our trip sometime next year and wanted to gather information. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:26 AM
janis

At the rates listed, I would Choose the Tower Thistle. The only drawback is it is out of the very center, being at the Tower tube stop on the Circle/District lines and the Docklands light railway. <BR> <BR>Depending on where the majority of the business mettings are this could be a good or bad thing. <BR> <BR>The rooms are large, almost all have terrific views of the River and Tower Bridge, and St Katherine's Dock is right next door.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:28 AM
mws

The Lanesborough!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 12:27 PM
L

The Savoy! <BR>