Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

If money was NO object...what is the hotel you would want to stay at in Europe?

Oct 16th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Zoe

We all love to dream and occasionaly have " the lives of the rich and famous" wannabe attitude. Is there a hotel that you would like to stay in if money was no object? Personally, I would love to stay at the Danieli in Venice. Last summer I was in Venice and we went to the Daniel to check out the Lobby. Perhaps, someday I can day *sighz*.

Oct 16th, 2002, 03:59 PM
sean

I would like to stay in burj Al Arab in DUbai to see what all the fuss is all about since it is the only 7* hotel in the world. Since, you specifically asked about Europe I would say the Ritz in London. I love the location and their and I liked the rooms in "notting hill".

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Rex

Guessing, at a place I have never been:

The Ritz in Madrid

Best wishes,

Rex

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Grasshopper

Georges V. I saw a special about it and it sounded very pampering. And San Pietro in Positano. Fabulous views.

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Eye Spy

Yours must be the question everyone is going to answer. Personally, I am leaning towards two choices: the best suite available at the Gritti Palace (which naturally would have a view of the Grand Canal) in Venice or the best suite at the Villa San Michele outside of Florence (facade designed by Michelangelo). Either way, I'm sure many travellers are going to want to respond to your posting!

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:18 PM
gen

The Ritz, Paris.

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:34 PM
kiki

Sean you took the words right out of my mouth....looks very surreal.

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Shawn

I come from a rich family and I have stayed at the best in Europe since I was 12. I much rather stay at a beautiful and friendly Hostel where the real people are. They have been the most fun of all.

Oct 16th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Shawn

I come from a rich family and I have stayed at the best in Europe since I was 12. I much rather stay at a beautiful and friendly Hostel where the real people are. They have been the most fun of all.

Oct 16th, 2002, 08:05 PM
up up up

more more more

Oct 16th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Andrea

Shawn - Thhhppppt! (That's me, doing the stick-my-toungue out thing out of sour grapes).

While I've often fantisized about the Danieli, Ritz and/or George V in Paris, and the Metropole in Moscow, I think I'll keep my eye on this thread and expand my wish list!

Worldwide, my number ONE choice would be Raffles in Singapore, followed by the Grand Hotel in Siam Riap (Angkor).

Oct 16th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Sandy

I'd like to stay at the Cipriani in Venice, just to see what all the fuss is about. And the Villa d'Este. The views must be amazing! And how about the Fours Seasons in Prague? Or Inverlochy Castle in Scotland?

The one hotel I'm sure I'd love is the Palazzo Sasso in Ravello on the Amalfi Coast. If I am only allowed to choose one, that's the one!

Oct 17th, 2002, 03:30 AM
cara

I stayed at the montreux palace a few years ago and loved every minute of my stay. If money was no object I would go back there and get the biggest suite with a butler too.

Oct 17th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Mark

GeorgeV is on my list,and Villa deEste. I have stayed at Danieli and would rate it the very best hotel Ive had the good fortune to stay at. Get Room 70 and fling open the shutters, you will die at the view. I also stayed at the Four Seasons, Prague, which was nice (it's currently under renovation due to the flooding), but the Four Seasons, Istanbul is to die for. The view of Hagia Sohpia is incredible, the smallest room is large by European standards and the service tops any hotel I've been to. I'm still dreaming...

Oct 17th, 2002, 01:53 PM
mags

Meurice hotel in Paris. While surfing the net for hotels came across it. Although I can never afford it I would love 2 stay there. The rooms looked wonderful.

Oct 17th, 2002, 05:37 PM
alena

Oesterreichischer Hof / Sacher Hotel in Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof in Stubeital/ they have extraordinary roman spas there and Amathus Hotel on Cyprus and ........there would be so many)

Oct 17th, 2002, 05:42 PM
alena

btw. the four seasons in prague is nice but its nothing special if zou compare it to other five star hotels, its just new...there are much nicer hotels, i.e.hotel josef we have here, just remembered one more i good go anytime again in mz life, well i guess not know, Hyatt regency resort on Bali, that was something unforgetable

Oct 17th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Molly

The Hotel De Russie in Rome. Stayed nearby in May and saw the lobby and some of the garden views. The place looked spectacular!

Oct 17th, 2002, 06:01 PM
CharlieB

I find it hard to believe that any hotel could ever match Thornbury Castle, outside of Bristol and the Sukothai in Bangkok (much more elegant and refined than the Oriental). I do dream about staying at all the Aman Resorts - so far only two!