Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

If I Wear My Money Pouch (with credit cards in it) Thru the Metal Detector Will It Deactivate My Credit Cards?

Search

If I Wear My Money Pouch (with credit cards in it) Thru the Metal Detector Will It Deactivate My Credit Cards?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 06:19 PM
lyn

Need some quick advise, leaving Wednesday! <BR>Many Thanks. <BR>Lyn

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 08:29 PM
Michael

Lyn.....no you shouldn't have any problems. I've made a couple of trips this year which dictated that I carry my money and credit cards in a money belt. Went through several metal detectors. No problems. The cards worked fine afterwards.

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 10:10 PM
Wendy

No.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 03:23 AM
bo_jack

No. I often work in a secure enclosure which requires me to daily go through metal detectors more sensitive than used in airports. No problems with credit cards -- or anything else, for that matter.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 06:31 AM
lyn

Many thanks to those of you who have answered. My bank gave me this information. We are leaving Wed. for London/Paris, didn't want to have any problems with the cards!! Thanks again.